About This Site
Mike Industries is the personal site of me, Mike Davidson. It is littered with original articles, shared items (mainly via Tumblr), and overshared items (mainly via Twitter). If you’re here because you found something interesting on the site, I humbly invite you to subscribe to the Mike Industries RSS feed so you never miss a new item, or you can follow me on Twitter here.
As for me, I live in
Seattle and am known for several things, none of which will be remembered in 1,000 years:
- I am currently head of Design at Twitter.
- I was founder, Creative Director, and CEO of Newsvine, which was acquired by MSNBC.com (now NBCNews).
- I invented sIFR, a technology which has enabled tens of thousands of designers to beautify the web with tens of thousands of typefaces.
- I led the redesign of the first mainstream media site to support web standards, ESPN.com in 2003.
- My “work” appeared on The Daily Show once.
- I created five.sentenc.es: a simple, sane approach to email.
- I built (along with Build, LLC) a modern, energy efficient home in Seattle and documented the entire process for others to make use of here.
- I love these things.
So now it’s time to decide what you want to do here:
- If you want to check my availability for a speaking engagement or press interview… please shoot me the details and I’ll try and respond as soon as possible.
- If you are just getting into the design industry and would like specific advice… please check out “How to Make Friends and Influence Art Directors”.
- If you just want to drop me a line… please use this form. Sometimes I return mail in hours… other times, weeks.